Now may be the perfect time for you to replace that old garage door with a shiny modern model. New garage doors provide quality improvements in safety, functionality, and beauty, allowing Florida homeowners to benefit from sure protection and lasting peace of mind. If you’re in the market for a new garage door but are not sure where to start, then you’ve come to the right place!
Guaranteed Garage Repair of Port St. Lucie specializes in garage repair, maintenance, and installation services across Florida’s southern Atlantic coast. We have the tools, training, and experience to generate a high-quality finish that you’ll love.
Keep reading for five of our tips to help you benefit from a new garage door, and be sure to reach out to our professionals for a free project quote to get started!
1 – Decide on Materials
One of the best ways to simplify shopping for a new garage door is to decide on which style and material will best suit your design needs. Do you want a rustic barn door look, or would you prefer something more contemporary? As the biggest moving section of your home, the garage provides plenty of surface area to generate the right first impression for guests and potential buyers. Investing in the right look for your Florida home will not only increase your satisfaction, but it can also provide some serious return on your investment!
To simplify the process, you can speak with your garage door company to see what styles they would recommend. You can choose from one of the following materials for a quality finish:
- Aluminum — Lightweight, durable, and affordable, aluminum garage doors provide an ideal finish for homeowners. A rust-resistant aluminum door will typically cost just under $2,000.
- Wood — Achieve a classy look with a moisture-resistant wood garage door. Be sure to find the right product, as our climate requires additional maintenance to retain a beautiful finish. The price for this door can vary depending on the species and treatments applied, as cheap as $1,500 upwards of $4,000 or more.
- Steel — Durable, versatile, and ready to impress, steel garage doors offer exceptional results for the price. The cost of this upgrade will depend on the type of garage door installed (single-layer doors versus three-layer insulated doors), ranging from just under $1,000 to $3,500 or more.
- Composite — Install the visual quality of real wood with the premium protection of a composite door. This hybrid can be painted or stained to perfectly match your home, and resists cracking, shrinking, splitting, and rotting. Typically, composite garage doors will cost just over the average industry price.
Keep in mind that a lot of factors may impact the total price of your garage door installation. The size of your opening, your material choices, and add-ons will all contribute to the total cost. Ready to see how much you can save on a new garage door from our Florida team? Contact us now for a complete estimate!
2 – Check the Safety Features
One important thing to consider when shopping for a new garage door in Florida is the safety provided in the event of a storm. Heavy winds during hurricane season can cause considerable damage to unbraced garage doors. Proper bracing, reinforced tracking, and more safety features can help to provide complete peace of mind all year long. You can find a new garage door featuring built-in features to keep your garage protected 24/7. As long as the door is closed, you will benefit from the reinforcement!
3 – Consider Insulation Needs
There is always a lot of debate across Florida whether insulated garage doors are a must or a luxury. Even in our warmer climate, you can expect a number of benefits associated with going the insulated route, including:
- Added durability — Insulation adds a little thickness to your overhead door, providing a slight boost in durability. During storm season, this can provide a nice layer of protection from heavy winds, debris impacts, and more.
- Protection from temperature extremes — With an average low temperature of 51.1 degrees Fahrenheit, Port St. Lucie’s garages are not frequently exposed to cold or hot weather. However, weather patterns can fluctuate to cause some concern for those with delicate possessions or those who spend a lot of time in their garages.
- Acoustic advantages — An insulated garage door will provide additional peace and quiet. This layer keeps noise down, blocking sounds from the street. You’ll also notice improvements while your door is rising and lowering, as the insulation will help to eliminate rattling noises.
- Ongoing savings — You may not notice it at first, but the long-term consistency of temperature in your garage will lead to considerable savings. Insulated garage doors help to minimize the transference of air and temperature, keeping your space more stable. The benefits of an insulated garage can transfer to the rest of the home, where reduced AC use leads to lower energy costs.
4 – Upgrade With a New Garage Door Opener
You may now have a modern overhead door, but what about the opener tasked with moving it? One way to make the most of your garage door installation is to combine it with a new garage door opener. This move provides a cost-effective way to make the most of your door, adding in the peace of mind in knowing that your system will work day-in and day-out.
Guaranteed Garage Repair offers high-quality openers to our customers, and we’ll be happy to provide installation services to completely transform your garage space. Check out our specials and benefit from a Guardian Access ½ HP chain drive opener installation for just $299!
5 – Rely on a Trusted Garage Door Company
The quality of your garage door installation will depend largely on the professionalism and expertise of your hired overhead door company. Experts will tell you that the installation process is as important as the door itself, and will likely advise you to do some research before making your decision.
Guaranteed Garage Repair is here to provide results that are simply Better Than Best. Our garage door company in Port St. Lucie helps residents in Stuart, Jensen Beach, Jupiter, Palm City, and beyond with proven services and ideal outcomes. We’re so confident that you’ll be satisfied with our garage door services that we guarantee the results!
Schedule Your Install Today!
Are you ready to see how beautiful and affordable a new garage door can be for your Florida home? Contact us today for complete assistance, and be sure to browse our site to learn about our residential garage door repairs. We look forward to working with you!